FAQ information

LXC :: FAQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FAQ information

Post by cloudstrifejr_1 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Q: WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?
A: Videogames and online infrastructure have reached a point where the experience is very realistic and connected. Due to the many platforms and games out there, people buy different things. The goal here is to get as many people as possible to rally behind a single platform, game, and time so that we can enjoy an epic racing season with nothing but brothers!

Q: WHAT PLATFORM WILL BE SUPPORTED?
A: Playstation 4. It’s the platform most people have (8 and counting), and it has good game and accessory support. We can hopefully get 4-5
seasons out of it.

Q: WHAT GAME?
A: Project CARS this year, but most likely we will settle on Gran Tourismo in the long run. There is a new GT game coming out next year, but its not a full release and may not be out in time. We’ll keep in touch through the winter with developments.

Q: WHAT KIND OF RACING IS THIS?
A: We’re looking for a motorsports experience, not arcade-like or gamey. Emphasis is on sport. Players will remember we are brothers and aim to drive like sportsmen; no intentional crashing, no extreme corner cutting (keep at least 2 wheels on the track), etc. Basically just drive as if you owned the car and were in the drivers seat. (that said I fully expect to see lots of accidental crashing…) There will be more to discuss on this topic, but hopefully we can keep it simple.  Some games enforce these types of rules automatically.

Q: WHEN WILL IT TAKE PLACE?
A: Late January through April. We will hopefully get 10-12 weeks. Exact day of the week is Wednesdays at 6:30.

Q: WHAT RACING DISCIPLINES CAN WE EXPECT?
A: Any discipline people want. Karting, Rally, Sports cars, super/hyper cars, NASCAR, touring, drag. Its all in play. We will do surveys to select disciplines, tracks, car limiters, etc. We could run a race with a set track and horsepower limit, and drivers have to secretly select cars. We could randomly create tracks so no practice opportunity. We could set up teams of drivers. Gran Tourismo supports all this, or at least the older games did. The sky is the limit.

Q: IS THERE A COMMITMENT?
A: Yes. Everyone will be expected to put in a full season of scores. There will be an ‘open Beta’ before the season if you want to just try it out. Also there will be reasonable allowances for missing a couple weeks. Teams with shared scores are possible too. Official scored races may take anywhere from 10 seconds to up to an hour. On average I expect you will need to devote 30 minutes on race nights.
After that we can run non-ranked races, or even other games entirely.

Q: THERE IS A SEASON?
A: Yes! We will have a leaderboard and track standings through the season, likely through a website. The season finale will be a live karting event with extra weighted scores. Rankings will be cumulative through the season.

Q: HOW MANY COACHMEN WILL THERE BE?
A: 16 people are receiving the initial invite. Everyone can send new referrals to amhamblen@hotmail.com.  Modern games typically support 16 players, with some supporting 12 or even 8. The amount of interest may dictate the game we settle on.  Since this is the first season, we will limit the number of applicants to 24. If all goes well, we may increase the size later.

Q: WHY “COACHMEN”?
A: Because it has MEN in it.  Definition: The driver of a coach or carriage.

Q: WHAT IS THE FINANCIAL INVESTMENT?
A: it depends. Most already have PS4, but if you don’t that will be the biggest investment. Look for deals, Craigslist, etc. You can probably get one for $200. You will need an online subscription during the season. I think you can get a 3 month sub for $18 which would cover it. There will be a game too, Project CARS, you can get it for $15 on sale. That’s going to be the minimum. After that there are wheels and even VR headsets will be possible and in play.

Q: ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS?
A: High speed internet. Brother or Sister in good standing. Real name requests for PSN accounts for all players. Voice chat will be required too!

Q: WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NOW?
Respond to this invite!  Can you make a commitment to 5 weeknights solo or 2-3 as a team? Sign ups are first come first served.  Nobody has to commit right now, but the more buy-in we get now, the more it will snow ball. Committed players will be included in polls and rule discussions. Please respond if you just
want to stay on the mailing list too. Please advertise this league to a couple racing fans you know. I need some volunteers to help with the website and the Beta. I have some ideas but I would love to hear yours. I could also use help in setting up the basic rules. Let me know if you would like to help in some way. Give me your PSN ID and we can start setting up friends lists. If I already have it give me permission to share it. Send and accept “share real name” requests for all players.

-Aaron

Last edited by Natureboy99 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated info)

cloudstrifejr_1
Admin

View user profile http://coachmen.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top